The 2018 Bennett Jones Lake Louise World Cup Business Forum takes place November 23 at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. In its 16th year, this exclusive event brings together thought leaders to engage in discussions on current issues, while supporting some of the world's greatest athletes in the first World Cup Downhill of the ski season and the only World Cup ski race outside of Europe to join the ranks of the famous Club 5 Ski Classics.
Focused on the theme World in Transition: Trade, Trump & Technology, this year's program features leading experts on the economy, technology and government to discuss challenges and opportunities in an era of rapid change.
"There is no doubt that we are living through a period of profound change," says Perry Spitznagel, Vice Chairman of Bennett Jones. "Many of our foundational beliefs and institutions are being challenged from a variety of sources and for a variety of reasons. The social, political and business landscapes are rapidly shifting, with no clear consensus on where it will all end up. It is our challenge to better understand these changes to help drive the appropriate solutions."
Business Forum speakers for 2018 include:
- Kelly Craft | U.S. Ambassador to Canada
- Lu Xu | Consul General, People's Republic of China, Calgary
- Susan le Jeune d'Allegeershecque CMG | British High Commissioner, Canada
- Laura Dawson PhD | Director, Canada Institute, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- David Dodge | Former Governor of the Bank of Canada
- Jim Gibson | CEO, JAGYYC
- Oren Berkovich | CEO, SingularityU Canada
- Rex Murphy | Social Commentator, Editorialist & Distinct Canadian Voice
Bennett Jones is the title sponsor of the Business Forum. Deloitte, ATB, Willow Park Wines & Spirits, Calgary Stampede, Lake Louise Ski Resort and Calgary Economic Development are key sponsors of the event. Find out more at lakelouisebusinessforum.com.